Friday, July 27, 2007

I need to get a new, updated driving licence.

In order to do that, I have to get a passport photo, and In order to do that, I have to go into town, to the supermarket, who have a passport photo machine. But I'm going to have a hair cut, so I may as well do that first. But then I've spent all my cash, so in order to get my photos done, I have to go to the bank, withdraw some money, and buy a grapefruit, which gives me the right amount of change to put in the machine.

I get my passport photo done.

Then I get home and realize I need some stamps, so I have to go out again. When I get back, I realize I need an envelope and I CAN'T BE ARSED, so I decide to play Warcraft instead.

In Warcraft, my new Paladin, called Zing, needs a new hammer. But in order to do that, I have to travel across two continents by griffin and boat, and I haven't got any cash. In order to do that, I have to go and kill some gnolls. But that will take ages, unless I get a new hammer.

I go to bed and put my head under the duvet for a while. This seems to work fine.

UPDATE from blue cat's In Contrast Department: some wonderfully warm-spirited comics drawn by a Japanese POW in a WW2 Soviet camp (from Drawn). It's incredibly moving. I am slightly ashamed to have the link plonked on the end of a post about me wittering on about fucking Warcraft, but there we are.



8 comments:

Valerie said...

But WHAT ABOUT THE GRAPEFRUIT?! Don't leave us hanging, man!

Dave said...

To eat the grapefruit I need a special grapefruit spoon. To make the spoon I need some iron ore, coal, a blacksmith...

Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting for the envelope update. Will it be white or brown? A4 or A5? The suspense is killing me...

Jen said...

Now remember not to smile. And to have your hair twelve metres from your eyes so as not to hide them in any way... and make sure your head isn't too small or too wee...

Just so the idiots they've employed to look at the passports/driving licenses know you're still...you.

Actually... wonder what would happen if you genuinely did have a head too large or too small... do they just not let these people out of the country?

Anonymous said...

I don't think they should - those big/small head people are an obvious security threat. Actually, what they should do is let them out and then not let them back in again. That'd show the strange-headed bastards...

James Henry said...

Just to put peoples' minds at rest: the envelope was brown, the grapefruit was tasty.

More news as it comes.

Anonymous said...

And you know what's in those oversized heads? BOMBS, that's what.

Jen said...

I DID NOT EVEN THINK OF THAT.

Shit!

I have not yet met a tasty grapefruit. You continue to impress me with your tales, James.